Ruggedized LioN-R modules for PROFIBUS from Lumberg Automation
Reliable connection of sensors and actuators in harsh environments
Belden presents new ruggedized LioN-R modules for PROFIBUS from its Lumberg Automation™ product range
The extremely robust LioN-R modules allow the reliable connection of actuators and sensors to controllers via PROFIBUS-DP. The fully enclosed metal housing can withstand mechanical stress as well as welding sparks and filings, aggressive coolants and lubricants.
Functional reliability is assured through galvanic isolation between sensors and actuators and the higher-level bus system, as well as through short-circuit proof outputs, which maximize the productivity of systems. Based on a simple diagnostic concept, faults can also be located quickly due to precise channel and bus diagnosis.
- Due to their extremely robust design, the I/O modules can withstand even the harshest environmental conditions
- Optimal electrical reliability and channel based diagnostics guarantee maximum machine uptime. The simple diagnostic concept saves time when locating faults, reducing operating costs as a result
- Standardized M12 connection technology allows economical and future-proof installations
- PI and UL certification, as well as national and international approvals
- Extremely compact design (thanks to embedded ports) for space-saving installations
- Protection class IP 67