Training Class Update (Issue 66)
This will be a record year for PI North America, with respect to our one-day training classes. Average attendance for 2014 at our PROFINET classes is up 25% this year.
What’s driving this interest?
Students range from End-Users, to OEMs,to Systems Integrators. But in addition to that, more Vendor companies are informing their customers about the classes. And why wouldn’t they?
- It’s a free class
- With very little commercial content (i.e. not a sales pitch)
- Students can earn 5.5 Professional Development Hours
- Lunch is included
- The content is basic enough for a beginner but thorough enough for a seasoned user
Interest plus engagement
Not only is interest piqued (pun intended) but engagement has also peaked. Students are asking questions like:
- For the different protocols at Layer 7 of the ISO/OSI model (Application Layer), do each of them (i.e. does PROFINET) use it’s own port number?
- Do I need a managed switch for Simple Device Replacement?
- What about PROFINET performance over wireless?
Join PI North America for a PROFINET Training Class in any of the following cities.
|Las Vegas, NV||10/9/14|
|Salt Lake City, UT||11/18/14|
|San Jose, CA||12/4/14|
Register now, space is limited.
(Answers: 1. Yes it does, but it’s only needed for TCP/IP communications, not Real-Time; 2. LLDP is needed for Simple Device Replacement, which is typically a feature of managed switches; 3. It depends on a lot of factors, come to a class to find out!)